Oranges continue to be one of the world’s most popular fruits and are especially well known for their sweet and pleasant taste. Not only are oranges delicious, but they have good levels of nutrition and many health-promoting abilities. Now, let us discuss the amazing health benefits of oranges.
1. Oranges are a good source of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. Oranges are an amazing source of vitamin C, as well as folate, potassium, thiamin, calcium, and more. They are also a good source of antioxidants and fiber.
2. Not only are oranges high in nutritional value but they are packed with many potent antioxidants that also provide numerous health benefits. They are a good source of carotenoids, flavonoids, and phenolic antioxidants. More specifically, oranges contain powerful antioxidants such as anthocyanins, hesperidin, lycopene, and more.
3. Consuming oranges can also help to promote digestive health and reduce digestive related ailments. This is often attributed to their good levels of dietary fiber. Oranges can help to add bulk, improve regularity and reduce symptoms of constipation. As well, they can also help food move through the digestive tract and increase nutrient uptake.
4. They are also very heart-healthy and can help to reduce risk factors associated with heart disease. The flavonoid antioxidants and hesperidin found in oranges have protective properties against heart disease as studies have shown. Oranges can also help to regulate cholesterol levels and prevent cholesterol oxidation and atherosclerosis due to their high levels of fibre and ascorbic acid.
5. Consuming oranges regularly can help to improve eye health. This is because they are packed with eye healthy nutrients, specifically flavonoid antioxidants and vitamin C. These antioxidants and vitamins can help to lower the risk of certain eye ailments, such as macular degeneration.