Sometimes all the exercise and dieting in the world just doesn’t produce the toned, flat stomach that you’re hoping for. Stubborn pockets of fat can stand in your way of having a sleek silhouette but this doesn’t need to be the case.
Better known as abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck is not only good for removing excess fat – it can also remove loose skin and repair separated abdominal muscles.
As with any cosmetic surgery, it’s essential to have as much information as possible before you schedule your procedure.
What You Need to Know about Tummy Tucks
1. There is more than one type of tummy tuck. Abdominoplasty focuses on the lower half of your stomach and works to tighten loose skin. A full tummy tuck, on the other hand, removes unwanted fat, gets rid of loose skin and works on the underlying muscles. The type of abdominoplasty procedure that you choose will depend on your specific goals. Tummy tuck experts in Adelaide such as Waverley House clinic will be able to guide you.
2. You will need several weeks to recover. Abdominoplasty is an extensive procedure that will require several weeks of recovery. In fact, tummy tucks have one of the longer recovery times when compared to other surgical procedures. If you’ve had a C-section, you can expect your recovery time to be very similar. It’s usually also recommended that you have someone to assist you at home during the first week.
3. A tummy tuck is not a weight loss surgery. Abdomipolasty procedure patients need to be as close to their ideal weight as possible before their surgery. A tummy tuck can’t be used as a weight loss solution but it’s the perfect way to complete your weight loss journey. If you’ve recently lost a significant amount of weight, it’s best to only schedule your tummy tuck 6 months after you’ve reached your goal weight.
4. Your tummy tuck results are permanent. You can enjoy the results for the rest of your life, provided you don’t have any major weight fluctuations. Fortunately, most patients report that it’s easier to maintain their weight and new shape after a tummy tuck.
5. Men can be patients too. These procedures are generally associated with women who have had multiple pregnancies but tummy tucks have become increasingly popular amongst men too. If you’re a man who is looking to get rid of excess fat and skin, a tummy tuck is a great option.
There are so many great reasons to get a tummy tuck! Not only will you get to enjoy tighter stomach muscles but your clothes will fit better too, which is an instant confidence boost. If you’ve recently reached your goal weight, a tummy tuck is a great way to celebrate your achievement.
If you aren’t sure whether a full or mini abdominoplasty procedure is right for you, schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate your abdomen and provide you with a professional recommendation and next steps.
Image credit: shutterstock.com
The more you understand yourself, the more silence there is, the healthier you are. —Maxime Lagacé