The Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is recruiting to fill the position of: Consultant III – Development of Level Adjusted Multi-disease Tools. The position is located in Abuja. Interested candidates should possess a Master’s degree or equivalent in Public Health, Epidemiology or related field with at least 5 years work experience.
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant III – Development of Level Adjusted Multi-disease Tools for Reporting by Secondary and Tertiary Health Facilities
Ref Id: 13-10950
- The key objective for the short-term technical assistance is to facilitate the development of multi-disease HMIS tools for reporting by Secondary and Tertiary health facilities in line with the national HMIS strategy.
- Liaise with relevant staff of FMoH, Departments and other stakeholders to review existing HMIS tools i.e. the data collection and the reporting tools; the SOP for the facility HMIS tools, reporting process and data flow in these facilities to understand the system and identify the gaps
- Develop draft HMIS tools for use by Secondary and Tertiary health facilities
- Present the draft documents in a workshop with the core stakeholders
- Finalise the tools and SOP for reporting by Secondary and Tertiary health facilities.
- Develop draft training materials and DQA assessment checklist
- Participate in the pilot of the tools
- Facilitate a 2 days residential workshop after the pilot with identified stakeholders to review and finalize the tools, SOP, training materials, etc as appropriate
- Support FMOH to develop plans to roll out the tools i.e. Training of trainers workshop, step down training, etc
- Submit final HMIS tools and SOP for reporting by Secondary and Tertiary health facilities, Private Clinics, Faith-based Hospitals to RSSH.
- Minimum qualification of a Master’s degree or equivalent, in Public Health, Epidemiology or related field.
- Strong technical capabilities and demonstrated the ability to gain the assistance and corporation of others in a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication, resourcefulness, initiative, tactful, and negotiating skills, and the ability to cope with the situation which may pose a conflict
- Ability to handle effectively multiple tasks without compromising quality, team spirit and positive working relationship.
- Ability to resolve complex problems with minimal supervision
- Proficient in computer skills.
- At least 5 years
- 10 years of experience on the National Health Management Information System.
- Good knowledge of the NHMIS tools, procedures and operational procedures of data flow.
- Proven experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- English writing and oral skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online