Age: 36 Years
Husband: John Jacob
Height: 5′ 6″
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dhanya Mary Varghese
- Dhanya Mary Varghese is an Indian actress, model and dancer who predominantly works in the Malayalam film and television industry. Dhanya is an alumnus of the Kalabhavan, a performing arts institution in Cochin.
- In 2003, Dhanya Mary Varghese started her career as a junior dancing artist in the movie Swapnam Kondu Thulabharam in the song Thottuvilichalo.
- In 2006, she marked her acting debut in the Tamil film Thirudi. In 2007, she started working in Malayalam films. Her first Malayalam film was Nanma, which was directed by Sharath Chandran Wayanad.
- In 2008, Dhanya Mary Varghese was cast in the film Thalappavu, and her performance in the movie received high appreciation. Later, she appeared in several Malayalam films such as Vairam: Fight For Justice, Kerala Cafe, Thirudi, Veeramum Eeramum, and Nayakan.
- In 2009, Dhanya Mary Varghese was one of the anchors of the award function titled “Vanitha Asianet-Film awards 2009.” Later, she appeared in several Malayalam musical albums.
- In 2010, Dhanya Mary Varghese was a guest judge in the music reality show ‘ Idea Star Singer on Asianet.’
- Later, she ventured into the Malayalam television industry and appeared in several television shows including Dhannya Me Vishu, Vanitha, Kali Gandaki, Food Steps, and Comedy Stars.
- Apart from being an actress, Dhanya Mary has appeared in several television commercials as a model. These advertisements include Optic World, Asian Paints, Samson and Sons Lifestyle, Max fashion Onam, and Vicks VapoRub.
- Dhanya Mary remains very active on various social media platforms. She is followed by more than 42.6k people on Instagram. She often posts her family pictures and dancing videos on Facebook.
- In 2016, the name of Dhanya Mary Varghese and her husband, John Jacob, got involved in a real estate fraud case. Dhanya, along with her husband, and brother-in-law, Samson, was arrested by the police for deceiving people to pay a huge sum of money on the pretext of building flats in Kochi. They were detained by the district Crime Branch in Thiruvananthapuram. In a conversation with a media house, Dhanya Mary admitted that during the time of crisis she and her husband were on the verge of contemplating suicide. She said,
God blessed me and John to stay together. Then we would pray well. Problems come at an unexpected time. We were really alone. Really, it is a blessing to experience that situation. Because we will be stronger. Think about how to deal with this. Here’s how it looks on people’s faces once it’s released tomorrow. This is what I encountered. This is not to say that he never contemplated suicide for a moment. We both thought of moving away.”
- Dhanya Mary Varghese is a fitness enthusiast. She often shares the videos and pictures of her workout sessions on various social media platforms.
- Dhanya Mary Varghese retired from the Malayalam film and television industry soon after her marriage in 2012. She again resumed her acting career in 2017.
- In 2019, Dhanya Mary Varghese was the winner of an adventure reality show ‘Bhayam.’
- In 2022, Dhanya Mary Varghese was one of the contestants of the Malayalam Bigg Boss Season 4.
Leave a Reply