Connect with us

Tech updates

How to recover money mistakenly paid into a wrong account



Sometimes, we are caught up in a situation where due to sheer mistake, carelessness and a host of several other factors, we end up making deposits or transfers to the wrong person, different from the person to which it was intended for. When such a situation as this occurs, one is left in a situation of total despair, the feeling of hopelessness comes on you and you are left wondering what to do.

A host of ideas and options pop into your head as to what to do, amongst which include, losing and forfeiting the money to either the bank or to the account you wrongly paid the money into. When you have knowledge of how the cabining process works, there are certain procedures one can undertake to recover any amount of money mistakenly paid into an account different from the one they intended.

First course of action is to inform the bank as quickly as possible. This could be done either by writing to the bank, calling the customer care line, or by paying a visiting to the bank to explain the situation. Of the three options, the best would be to pay a visit the bank, this would carry more weight than having to write to the bank as your letter would take quite a while to gain attention. The moment you have explained your situation to the bank, the bank will now take immediate action to reverse the money back into your account or send it directly to the account of the person for which it was intended.

ALSO READ  Apply Now: People That Need A Loan Of #250,000-#5,000,000 Should Quickly Apply For This Program Created By FG.

The next option would be possible in the case where the person who made the wrong transfer and the account to which it was transferred to, are operating under the same bank. In this case, the bank having received the complaint would simply have to reverse the money back to the account of the person who did the transfer. The bank might choose to contact the owner of the wrong recipient account or it might not.

The third option would come as a result of the banks inability to reverse the money back as indicated in case 1 and 2 which could be if the person who made the transfer and the owner of thr bank are not in the same bank, or the person to whose account it was transferred to, has transferred out the money to another account, or has refused to give consent to his account. Therefore, the person who did the transfer would have to contact the police or get a court injunction served to the bank, who will now place “a lien” on the account, thereby shutting down all forms of debit.

ALSO READ  Are You Buying A Power Bank? Here Are 5 Major Things You should Look Out For