Some Lesser Known Facts About Justin Bibis
- Justin Bibis is a Pakistani music duo of sisters Saania Tabaydar and Muqqadas Tabaydar, who rose to fame after their singing video of the song “Baby” by Justin Bieber went viral on internet.
- Saania Tabaydar and Muqqadas Tabaydar, both the sisters. were born in Lahore, Pakistan. They belong to the Sitara-e-Imtiaz awarded Pakistani folk singer Reshma, and their family originally migrated from Rajasthan. Some of the other relatives of their family and into the field of singing, including Naseebo Lal, Nooran Lal, and Farah Lal. According to sources, Saania and Muqqadas belongs to a very poor family of Lahore. They have not studied beyond primary school.
- The sister’s duo was fond of singing and music since childhood. They used to practise various Bollywood as well as Pakistani songs since then. During a media conversation, Saania told that she and her sister were big fan of American music sensation Justin Bieber. Although they could not understand proper english but they loved his songs and used to listen them several time.
- Saania Tabaydar and Muqqadas Tabaydar rose to fame after a singing video of them surfaced on the internet and received over 1.5 million views and 68,000 shares on Facebook within 3 days of posting it. The duo was seen singing the song ‘Baby’ by Justin Bieber with a different accent. Following this, they gained huge popularity and media houses stated reaching yhen. During a media interacton their proud mother said,
I still can’t believe all of this happened to my daughters, all thanks to Justin Bieber. I like him a lot. I feel he’s like my son.”
- Her mother also revealed that they listened to the song about 70 times before transcribing it into Urdu and memorising it.
- In 2015, the singing duo were also featured in ICC World Cup 2015 anthem ‘Phir Se Game Uthadein.’ The song is inspired by Matt Slogett and Kasey Carlone’s famed 1992 hit ‘Who Rules The World.’ The Justin Bieber song competed with the original World Cup anthem, which had a star-studded roster. However, that song, which included the vocals of Atif Aslam, Faisal Kapadia, Asrar, and Jimmy Khan, as well as personalities like as Aamina Sheikh, Adnan Siddiqui, and Adnan Malik, fell a little flat. Adnan Malik explained the concept of the newer version of the song as,
You have to love social media because when I put out a call to action on Facebook, I managed to track them down. When Zoe and I met them, we couldn’t tell who was more starstruck — us or them! Zoe and Adnan Saeed, who produced the audio, mentioned that we should incorporate qawalli into the new anthem and so we decided to merge the two.”
He also added,
Working with them was a great experience. It’s a home-grown talent, which their mother has nurtured very well. Without any formal training, both sisters are extremely in tune.”
- In 2021, Justin Bibis announced their collaboration with Hasan Raheem and Talal Qureshi to produce a fusion-fuelled track for the 14th season of Coke Studio, a Pakistani music franchise which features studio-recorded music performances by established and emerging artists. They sung the song Peechay Hutt, which released on 19 February 2022.
Leave a Reply