A man who is said to be the son of one former NURTW chairman in Ibadan, allegedly beat up some women and kids then brought Police officers to pick them up the next day.
Social media user Adesewa, reounted the incident while crying out for hep as one of the women he beat up is being held in Police custody and accused of stealing the man’s phone and money.
1. Yesterday, a guy was driving through my area with his friends. He was drunk and he almost hit an elderly man. Everyone was scared/shocked and they started shouting at him to come down. Rather than apologize, these guys parked the car and came down to confront those people.
2. Before anybody could say ABC, he started throwing beating these people up. He beat up some women and kids so badly. The whole thing turned into a big fight. I was so scared. Finally, some guys in the neighborhood intervened and the guilty guys later apologized and left…
3. To our dismay, this guy came back this morning (around 11am) with some police and he arrested the women he beat up yesterday. They arrested the only people they could find around. Guys, can you believe the police have refused to release the woman since morning?
4. This guy is lying that the woman stole his iPhone and some money, which is a big lie. Apparently, he is the son of one former NURTW chairman and his family is cordial with the police in that particular station. The woman is sleeping over at the station tonight and I feel…
5. So helpless. They want her to pay back the imaginary money and pay for the iPhone. I’m livid. So guys, if there is anybody that could help so the helpless woman doesn’t face this injustice, tag them to the thread guys. Help me tag @segalink and anybody else that can help.
6. I would really appreciate any and everybody that could help. Please. The woman is at Sanyo Police Station in Ibadan. The police didn’t even take her statement. They are not being just at all. @segalink @MaziIbe_ @YemieFASH @UgwunnaEjikem and everybody else. Please retweet!!
Follow us on Facebook – @Lailasnews; Twitter – @LailaIjeoma for updates