Age: 36 Years
Father: Vladimir Putin
Some Lesser Known Facts About Maria Vladimirovna Vorontsova
- Maria Vladimirovna Vorontsova is a Russian genetics researcher and a scientist. She is the elder daughter of Russian President Vladimir Putin. She was sanctioned by the United States in 2022, on the allegations of hiding her father’s actual wealth. She is the advisor to the President and advises him on the matters related to Genetic Engineering. Maria is the co-owner of a multi-million dollar medical institution, Nomenko.
- Maria Vladimirovna Vorontsova’s schooling began in East Germany, when her father, Vladimir Putin was deployed with the KGB in East Germany. Since early childhood, Maria showed interest in science.
- In 1991, after East and West Germany’s reunification, Maria along with her family moved to their hometown in Leningrad (now St. Petersburg). There, Maria and her younger sister Katerina were enrolled in the Peterschule Gymnasium.
- Maria’s stay in Leningrad was short. Due to a steep rise in gang violence, Putin had to send his daughters to Germany to complete their further studies. In Germany, Maria and her younger sister were taken care of by their guardian Matthias Warnig, a close associate of Putin.
- Maria Vladimirovna Vorontsova and her younger sister moved to Moscow and rejoined their family. There, she was admitted to the German School, Moscow. Maria was a very keen student and wanted to learn more in the field of Biology, Upon completing her schooling, in 2005, Maria took admission in St. Peterburg University, from where she graduated in Biology.
- Later on, Maria Vladimirovna Vorontsova took admission in the Moscow State University, from where she earned her medical degree in 2011.
- Maria Vladimirovna Vorontsova further specialised in the field of Endocrinology by completing her PhD from the Endocrinology Research Centre, Moscow. She completed her PhD under the mentorship of a well-known Academician Ivan Ivanovich Dedov, who was back then the head of the Endocrinological Research Center (ESC) of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation.
- While completing her PhD, Maria published a series of 5 research papers between 2013 to 2015. Out of the 5 research papers, the 2 research papers titled, “The status of blood antioxidant system in patients with active acromegaly” and “Idiopathic Stunting in kids” became well-renowned research work of Maria Vladimirovna Vorontsova.
- During an interview in 2019, Maria told the Russian state-owned news channel, Rossiya 1, that she was a co-owner of the Nomenko institute and the institute specialised in cancer-related research work.
- In 2022, Maria was accused and sanctioned by the United States of America’s Treasury Department, for shadowing the wealth of her father, Vladimir Putin. The department stated.
We have various reasons to believe that the Russian President Vladimir Putin, and many of his cronies, and the oligarchs, hide their wealth, hide their assets, with close family members that place their assets and their wealth in the U.S. financial system, and also many other parts of the world. We believe that many of Putin’s assets are hidden with family members, and that’s why we’re targeting them now.”
- On sanctioning Maria, the United States highlighted that such genetic research work was being undertaken for the use of the military and not the humanity. The United States Treasury Department stated,
Maria Vladimirovna Vorontsova leads a state-funded programs that have received billions of dollars from the Kremlin toward genetics research and are personally overseen by Putin.”
- Maria Vladimirovna Vorontsova also knows how to play the violin. In 1995, during the Hamburg sponsored diplomatic breakfast at the German Consulate, Maria played the violin in honour of the Russian consulate general.
- Maria Vladimirovna Vorontsova can speak 4 foreign languages. She is affluent in Dutch, French, German and English.
- According to various sources, Maria Vladimirovna Vorontsova was appointed as the deputy chairman of the Russian Society of Young Endocrinologists.
Leave a Reply