National University Of Singapore Admissions, Business School, And Notable Alumni:
The National Institution of Singapore is Asia’s top and world-leading comprehensive research university, with global teaching and research orientation rooted in Asian settings. The university offers a varied selection of courses at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, spanning from science to music.
The National University of Singapore is divided into 17 faculties and schools, which are located on three main campuses: Kent Ridge, Outram, and Bukit Timah. NUS offers a broad, challenging curriculum that includes multidisciplinary courses and cross-faculty modules. Small group instruction (modules) and a semester-based modular system are used at the university, which is a combination of British and American approaches (course credits).
Students can transfer between courses, take electives from multiple faculties, participate in study abroad exchange programs, entrepreneurial internships, double degree, and joint degree programs with other renowned schools throughout the world because of its revolutionary teaching. Students have a lot of freedom to pursue their creative, athletic, and cultural interests at the same time. The University has about 38,000 students from over 100 countries.
The National University of Singapore is well-known for its high-impact research activities in the fields of life sciences and biomedicine, engineering, social sciences, and natural sciences.
Acceptance Rate at National University of Singapore
NUS is a very selective university with a low acceptance rate. Thousands of applications are received each year by the institution, most of which come from Asia. However, because each class has a limited number of seats, the acceptance rate drops to 5%.
National University of Singapore Business School
NUS Business School has produced great pupils for more than 50 years. NUS Business School, which was formed the same year Singapore gained independence, is now recognized as one of the best business schools in the world. It sets itself apart by combining the best of global business knowledge with in-depth Asian perspectives, preparing students to lead Asian enterprises to global success while also assisting international businesses to thrive in Asia.
The school’s comprehensive array of academic programs, which include BBA, MBA, Executive MBA, MSc, and Ph.D. degrees, as well as bespoke and open enrolment Executive Education courses, attract a diverse range of intelligent and talented students.
The school features a distinguished international faculty with degrees from Harvard, Wharton, MIT, Oxford, and other top universities. Aside from teaching, the National University of Singapore Business School’s research culture is based on creating knowledge that is not only rigorous in its academic contribution but also relevant and strong in influencing leadership and policy formulation in the corporate and public sectors.
AACSB International (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) and EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System) have both accredited the institution, signifying that it meets the highest business education standards.
The NUS Business School is located in Kent Ridge, on the main campus. Around campus, the University offers a variety of cutting-edge multimedia facilities, and its modern libraries are well-stocked with instructional materials and study areas. There are also a variety of dining and retail options on campus. The Internal Shuttle Bus can also be used by students to go about campus and between campuses.
The National University of Singapore’s business school (Masters) offers the following courses:
- MSc In Supply Chain Management (Offered By The Logistics Institute Asia Pacific)
- MSc In Accounting
- MSc In Management + CEMS MIM
- MSc In Finance
- MSc In Management
- MSc In Marketing Analytics & Insights
- MSc In Marketing Analytics & Insights + CEMS MIM
- MSc In Human Capital Management And Analytic
- MSc In Business Analytics (Offered By NUS Business Analytics Centre)
- MSc In Real Estate
National University of Singapore MBA
The NUS MBA is ranked 15th in the world in the 2018 QS World University Rankings. The NUS MBA program provides a stimulating atmosphere for learning and exploration, equipping students for leadership roles in today’s global marketplace.
The NUS MBA program provides students with a strong foundation in general management as well as elective programs that allow them to customize the curriculum to their unique professional objectives.
The NUS MBA equips students with a broad understanding of core management concepts as well as industry-specific abilities.
Finance, Healthcare Management, Marketing, Strategy and Organization, and Innovation and Entrepreneurship are just a few of the specialties available to students.
National University Of Singapore Courses
Courses at the National University of Singapore are very robust. In the form of degrees and other programs, NUS offers a diverse range of teaching and research courses, including:
- Concurrent degree programs
- Minor programs
- Joint-degree programs
- Double-major programs
- Double-degree programs
- Part-time programs
NUS has partnered with over 300 universities in over 40 countries to provide Student Exchange Programs for students. Undergraduate students can choose from the following choices in addition to full-time bachelor’s degree programs:
- NOC (NUS Overseas Colleges) • University Scholars Programme SEP (Student Exchange Programme) NOC (NUS Overseas Colleges) NOC (NUS Overseas Colleges) NOC (NUS Oversea
- University Program at Town College (UTCP)
NUS offers almost 2,000 modules per semester across its 17 faculties, departments, and schools.
Graduate and undergraduate courses in the following subjects are available to students:
|Undergraduate Disciplines||Graduate Disciplines|
|Art and Social Sciences||Arts and Social Sciences|
|Business and Accountancy||Business|
|Design and Environment||Design and Environment|
|Engineering||Duke-NUS Medical School|
|Music||Integrative Sciences and Engineering|
|–||Cancer Science Institute|
|–||Centre for Quantum Technologies|
|–||Institute of Systems Science|
|–||Risk Management Institute|
|–||Temasek Defence System Institute|
|–||The Logistics Institute – Asia Pacific|
What are the admissions requirements for the National University of Singapore (NUS)?
Before applying to the National University of Singapore, international candidates must meet the following minimal program-specific eligibility criteria:
- A grade 12 in a relevant subject with high marks in all five major subjects is required (including English)
- IELTS: A minimum overall band score of 6.5, with 6.5 in each of the components of Reading and Writing.
- A minimum internet-based score of 92-93 or a paper-based score of 580 is necessary for the TOEFL exam.
- PTE Academic: A total score of 62 is required, with 62 in each of the reading and writing sections.
- A minimum score of 180 is necessary for C1 Advanced/Cambridge English-Advanced.
- At least 200 Standardized Exams: MUET
- The evidence-based Reading and Writing section of the SAT must be 600 points, and the Mathematics section must be 650 points. • ACT: A minimum composite score of 29 is required, including an 8 in the Writing section.
Students can also demonstrate their English proficiency solely through their SAT scores.
Graduate Level Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with honors
- MS requires an IELTS score of at least 6 bands.
- A minimum of 6.5 bands is required for an MBA.
- To be considered for MS, you must have a TOEFL score of 85–92.
- A minimum MBA score of 100 is required.
- A minimum score of 650 on the GMAT is necessary (must for MBA)
- A minimum of 320 in Verbal and Quantitative, as well as 3.5 in Analytical, is required on the GRE (optional)
Instead of the GRE or GMAT, Indian applicants can submit their GATE results with a minimum of 90% to apply to NUS. The GMAT or GRE requirement may also be removed in severe cases, such as individuals with more than ten years of professional experience. Individuals must also demonstrate their outstanding academic achievements and perform admirably in the interview stages in this case.
International students must submit the following documents when applying to the National University of Singapore:
- Academic transcripts that have been certified (of previous qualifications in English)
- A motivational letter, a personal statement, or a statement of purpose (essays as per course requirements)
- Student’s CV/academic résumé • English proficiency test score/result
- A valid passport is required.
- For undergraduates, a valid SAT or ACT exam score is required.
- For graduates, a valid GMAT, GRE, or GATE exam score is required.
Please keep in mind that these are average NUS application requirements, which may vary according to on the degree. The particular qualifications should be checked on the course page on the official website.
National University Of Singapore Jobs
There are several Jobs at the National University of Singapore.
Some of the job vacancies at the National University of Singapore are listed here. For additional information on these career openings, go to the University’s website.
- Research Assistant (Dentistry)
- Project Manager (IT)
- Laboratory Executive (Allergy, Immunology & Rheumatology) (2-years contract)
- Senior Executive, Undergraduate Teaching Programme (2-year contract)
- Manager / Associate Director
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Biospectroscopy and Bioimaging
- Associate Director, Alumni Relations
- Research Fellow
- Research Assistant (CHI Study)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow in nonlinear optical microscopy and super-resolution microscopy
- Management Assistant Officer, Department of Family Medicine (2-Year Contract))
- Dissector (Laboratory Technologist) – Department of Anatomy (2-year contract)
- Research Assistant (Statistics and Data Science)
- Principal Network Engineer / IT Architect
- AI Courseware Developer for AI Singapore
- Research Fellow, Dept of Analytics and Operations
- Assistant Manager/Manager (CRM Analyst – Salesforce)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Photoacoustic Microscopy and Imaging Biomedical Engineering Engineering
- Laboratory Technologist, Department of Pathology (2-year contract)
- Research Fellow / Senior Research Fellow (CSCB/MW) Office of Research Duke-NUS Medical School
National University Of Singapore Notable Alumni
The following is a list of notable National University of Singapore alumni, ordered by the popularity of their wiki pages:
1. Mahathir Mohamad
Mahathir bin Mohamad is a Malaysian politician, author, and physician who served as the country’s fourth and seventh Prime Ministers, respectively, from July 1981 to October 2003 and May 2018 to March 2020. He served as the 4th Deputy Prime Minister and in a variety of other Cabinet positions before being chosen Prime Minister in July 1981. He represented Langkawi from May 2018, Kubang Pasu from August 1974 to March 2004, and Kota Setar Selatan from April 1964 to May 1969 as a Member of Parliament (MP). He is regarded as the “Father of Modernisation.”
2. Lee Kuan Yew
Lee Kuan Yew is a Singaporean businessman and philanthropist
Lee Kuan Yew, also known as LKY, was a Singaporean politician and lawyer who served as Prime Minister from 1959 to 1990 and is widely considered as the country’s founding father. He was a founding member of the People’s Action Party, which has ruled the country since it was founded.
3. Yacob, Halimah
Halimah Binte Yacob is a Singaporean politician. She is the current President of Singapore, having been elected unopposed in the 2017 Singapore presidential election. She is the United States’ first female president.
4. Nguyen Xuan Phuc, No. 4
Nguyn Xuân Phc is a Vietnamese politician who is currently the country’s President. Along with Nguyn Ph Trng, the Communist Party of Vietnam’s General Secretary, he is one of Vietnam’s most powerful figures (de facto leader). After Nguyn Ph Trng, Phc was ranked second in the Communist Party’s 13th Politburo, and third in the 12th Politburo. Nguyn Xuân Phc is also a full member of the National Assembly, having served in the 11th, 12th, 13th, and 14th sessions.
5. Ng Chin Han
Ng Chin Han is a Singaporean actor who has worked in theater, film, and television for over 20 years. Ng Chin Han (born November 27, 1969), also known as Chin Han, is a Singaporean actor and producer who has worked on stage, screen, and television for more than 20 years. He is one of the most well-known Asian actors in Hollywood.
6. Tony Tan Keng Yam
Tony Tan Keng Yam is a former Deputy Prime Minister of Singapore who served as the country’s seventh President from 1 September 2011 to 31 August 2017. In the 2011 Singapore presidential election, he was the victorious candidate.
7. Margaret Chan
Margaret Chan Fung Fu-Chun, OBE, JP, FRCP is a Chinese-Canadian physician who served as the Director-General delegate for the People’s Republic of China at the World Health Organization (WHO) from 2006 to 2017. Chan formerly worked as the Director of Health for the Hong Kong Government (1994–2003), as the WHO Director-General for Pandemic Influenza, and as the WHO Assistant Director-General for Communicable Diseases (2003–2006). In 2014, Forbes ranked her as the world’s 30th most powerful woman. In early 2018, she became a member of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC).
8. Goh Chok Tong
Goh Chok Tong is a former Singaporean politician who served as Prime Minister of Singapore from November 28, 1990, to August 12, 2004, and as Secretary-General of the People’s Action Party from November 1992 to December 2004. Prior to becoming Prime Minister, Goh served in Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew’s cabinet in the areas of business and industry, health, and military. He spent 44 years in the House of Commons, 12 years representing Marine Parade SMC and 32 years representing Marine Parade GRC.
9. Ho Chi Minh
Ho Ching is a Singaporean businesswoman and entrepreneur who has been the CEO and executive director of Temasek Holdings since January 2004 and May 2002, respectively. On October 1, 2021, she will leave both jobs. She is the third and current Prime Minister of Singapore, Lee Hsien Loong.
10. Jeanette Aw Ee-Ping
Ou Xuan (), also known as Jeanette Aw Ee-Ping, is a Singaporean actress, filmmaker, businesswoman, and writer. In 2006, Aw was named one of Mediacorp’s Seven Princesses, and she rose to notoriety after starring in the critically acclaimed play The Little Nyonya. She worked for Mediacorp full-time from 2002 to 2017, but she still films on the side and was previously represented by Hype Records. Through her television career, Aw has established herself as one of Singapore’s most popular and high-profile celebrities. She got 29 popularity and performance prizes at Singapore Mediacorp’s Star Awards, a record number for a performer.
National University Of Singapore Scholarship
There are many opportunities to obtain Scholarships at the National University of Singapore.
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is recognized as one of Singapore’s most prominent educational institutions. The university has set up a number of scholarship programs to help both domestic and international students. Despite the fact that there are only a few scholarships available for international students, the institution covers the majority of them.
Highlights of NUS Scholarships Approximately 90% of NUS scholarships are intended to cover the entire or a portion of the tuition costs. The great majority of scholarships are awarded to students upon their admission.
Leave a Reply