Home Job & Education Starting/Closing Dates for Change of Institutions/Courses (2021/2022)

Starting/Closing Dates for Change of Institutions/Courses (2021/2022)

This is the answer to your question: Is JAMB’s change of institutions on or has it started/opened? Some candidates who seem to know that the form is on are asking to know the closing date. 
Now that the JAMB results are out or even before the release of the results, candidates want to consider the change of institutions. But in most cases, you had better waited till you know your fate in the UTME result. See How to Check JAMB Results With 4 Methods (Including the Original UTME Result).
If for one reason or the other you think you must change institutions, you may want to know if the form has opened or the closing date so you can know, to what extent you need to wait before you effect the changes.
1st UPDATE: If you’re here to change institutions and/or courses for the 2021/2022 admissions, kindly wait for my update as that has not fully started. This page will be updated when the 2021 JAMB change of data commences. However, if you’re here for 2020/2021, the change of data is still on for some institutions. So, read to the end.
2nd UPDATE: I’ve got intel that some CBT centres have started the change of institutions and courses. Kindly try one of those centres around you to confirm.

Important Warnings On Change of Institutions

Below are what you must know:
JAMB change of institutions form is now OUT on sales. You can immediately proceed to your JAMB profile and effect the change of institutions. See how to do it yourself.
Unfortunately, at the time of this post, only the JAMB CBT centres nationwide are allowed to effect the change of institutions and courses for candidates. A few connected cafes were reported doing the same.
At the same time, many CBT centres had not resumed work because of COVID-19 closure of universities had not been lifted. You may proceed to any of the centers opening now for your change of institutions/courses.
You can also request appointments with the JAMB office to do your change of institutions and courses. JAMB offices will open nationwide, starting from Monday, 6th July 2020. ONLY candidates who have been given appointments would be attended to. Candidates can simply dial *55019# to book an appointment.
After this, you’ll be given the date to visit any of their offices. It is part of the Board’s proactive measures in curbing the spread of COVID-19, it has designed a plat form to attend to complaints from candidates who wish to physically visit any of its offices nationwide.
More so…
  1. JAMB Change of institutions goes with the change of courses and other data. This means, while changing the institutions, you can change courses, dates of birth, gender, state/local government too. This will be counted as one change. But if you change them separately, it will be counted as two.
  2. Meanwhile, you’re NO MORE limited to one change this year 2020. In other words, if you do change once, you could keep changing from one institution or course to the other if you can afford to pay for it UP TO THREE TIMES. I explained this in detail in my post, “How to Do Change Institutions/Courses the Third or More Times”.
  3. Change of name, date of birth can only be done at a CBT centre though. Cafes can only change institutions. courses, State, Local government, and Gender ONLY IF THEY CONNECT WITH AN ACCREDITED CBT CENTRES – which is unofficial.
  4. JAMB change of institutions will never close until the admission year ends. Having said that, the change of institutions to a particular school may close as soon as that school starts selling her post UTME form or her form closes. I will explain this point further below.

Why You Don’t Have to Rush to Change

Most candidates rush to effect change institutions/courses as they see their JAMB results released. This is not recommended. Why?

  1. In the 2020 admission year, JAMB has allowed change of institution and courses more than TWO times. Hence, if you mistake in the first time change, you will be able to effect any change again up to three times.
  2. Another reason to avoid rushing to do the change of institution is because of opened admissions opportunities that may come your way before the admission year ends. If you’ve done the ONE change before, you CAN  take advantage of such openings.

When Will the Change of Institutions and Courses Close?

However, some schools will instruct JAMB to stop the change of institutions to them immediately they start selling their post UTME forms or a few days to the closing date. This set of schools usually uploads the list of candidates that chose or changed to them to their school admission portals before candidates can register on the portal. Hence, they will stop accepting new changes to avoid late uploading or some delays in the uploading.

Some of these schools include Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), University of Benin (UNIBEN), University of Lagos (UNILAG), University of Ibadan (UI), University of Ilorin (UNILORIN), Lagos State University (LASU), Federal University Oye Ekiti, etc.

However, schools like Osun State University (UNIOSUN), Federal Polytechnic Ede, Federal Polytechnic Offa, Ekiti State University (EKSU), Ladoke Akintola University (LAUTECH), etc will continually allow JAMB to accept change of institutions to them even when their post UTME forms are already on sales.

I detailed this in my post, “Can I Still Change Institutions/Courses With PUTME Form On Sales”.

How To Approach Change of Institutions and Courses

Since we all know it has opened or is on sale already, we’re sure too, that, it will not close across the year. Only that once a school form is closed, her change of institution close too. Then, we need the patience to know how the admission exercise will go for the year before we do any changes.

Follow the suggestions below on your change the institutions before the closing date and at the right time.

  1. Check your JAMB results. In fact, recheck some weeks later. (We have got occasions where JAMB increased or reduced marks in the past).
  2. Now, wait for your schools to announce their post UTME cut-off marks. Some schools have static (fixed) cut-off marks no matter what. For them, you may not wait for a different announcement again. UI, UNLAG, UNIBEN, OAU, and a few others will not accept less than 200. However, some schools are so dynamic that they can change forth and back. Some consider lower marks for certain courses and higher for some e.g, UNIOSUN, FUNAAB, etc. For these universities, you should wait for them to announce their required marks. Then, you can see where to change if you have to change at all.
  3. Without wasting money, you can take advantage of open admission chances. If your original institution doesn’t give you admission, use one or two chances left for that.